Information Technology (also referred to as IT) is the application of Computers and Telecommunications equipment to store, retrieve, transmit and manage data, often in the context of a business or other enterprise. The term is commonly used as a synonym for computers and computer networks, but it also encompasses other information distribution technologies such as television and telephones. Several industries such as computer hardware, software, electronics, semiconductors, internet, telecom equipment, e-commerce and computer services are associated with information technology.The Department offers graduate and post graduate degree education in IT.
Goals and Objectives:
- To analyze and design complex information technology system to make IT professionals.
- To put greater emphasis on laboratories and project work.
- To apply various concepts, tools and techniques in technical arena.
- To prepare the students for wide range of IT careers with unique and enriching experience of molding tomorrow’s technocrats with high caliber and commitment.
- Information system and security.
- To develop skills and competencies to understand today’s technical trends.
- To prepare students for jobs in IT sector.
- Image Processing and Computer vision.
- Cloud & big data analysis.