Diploma in Engineering & Technology
PGOI offers Diploma in Engineering for students who are not in a position to pursue graduate level engineering education after completion of 10th grade or after higher secondary school certificate or twelfth grade. The course is more focused on practical and skills-oriented training. It aims to provide students with industry or job related knowledge, scientific skills, computing & analysis, mathematical techniques, a sound knowledge of English to communicate in the field and ability to apply problem solving techniques. After successful completion of Diploma in Engineering course, students can either continue further graduate level engineering studies or specialize in certain fields with an advanced diploma. Those who have a twelfth grade certificate in PCM require only to complete two years technical training excluding first year physics, chemistry, and mathematics. The courses have been initiated from 2006 and are affiliated to RGPV in the following discipline:
- Electronics and communication
- Computer science and engineering
- Information and technology
- Electrical and electronics
Goals and Objectives
- To impart job-oriented professional and technical quality education with special emphasis to those hailing from socio-economically backward, scheduled castes and tribal families, OBCs, low income students , minorities, women, disabled who cannot afford the expenses of learning in higher education system.
- To provide the best of creative quality education & overall development of students.
- To make them successful technocrats, and scientists in close consultation with industry.
- To extend help in Disaster Management and Disaster Control.
- To promote and strengthen research activities.