Achievements of Patel Group of Institutions Sponsored by Vanapati Smriti Shiksha Samiti
The country needs talented and skilled human resource to contribute to technological and socio-economic advancement. With these motto PATEL GROUP OF INSTITUTIONS (PGOI) established 7 colleges, five at Bhopal and two at Indore, under the banner of the Vanshpati Smriti Shiksha Samiti, Bhopal to shape the talent of students with a knowledge and skill to think 'beyond the future'.
The vision of the PGOI is to emerge as a Centre of Excellence in higher technical education for preparing globally competent engineers with managerial skills and knowledge, positive attitude and ethical values to serve the industries.
The Mission of the PGOI is to create institutions with infrastructures and facilities for education, training and research to prepare finest technocrats and professionals to serve the industries in general and industries in particular by providing skill and knowledge necessary for the growth of the country.
Excellent Education Environment
With the above objectives PGOI established its first college at Patel College of Science and technology at Bhopal in the year 2002. Since then 7 colleges were established; 5 at Bhopal and two at Indore related to engineering, pharmacy, management and education and has acquired name and fame not only at the National level but also at global level. PGOI runs more than 24+ courses and has 10,000 students and 590+ faculties. The colleges are located on about 100 acres lush green land. PGOI goes beyond conventional education methodologies where students are not mere learners but also contributors. This requires besides class room teaching and hands on practice interaction with research institutions and industries for exposure to real situation where students are likely to serve in future. Special lectures are organized on advance topics from the research institutions and industries, which help the students to broaden their scientific and technological knowledge. PGOI has tie ups with IBM, Professional Tutorials, Ambiance career launcher and Pathfinder for training of students. The interactions also help students to undertake innovative developments. PGOI strives to imbibe sound professional knowledge in students to become proactive & task oriented professionals.
National Talent Hunt – a Philanthropic Approach to Provide Higher Education
PGOI promotes and facilitates needy talented students through National Talent Hunt search wherein students are given an opportunity to compete for merit scholarship up-to Rs. 1.5 lakh and cash prizes from Rs. 11,000 to Rs. 1.00 lakh. The National Talent Hunt also gives an opportunity to students to assess themselves for seeking admission elsewhere. The core aim of education is to foster all round development of a student. Students from all over the country participate in the Talent Hunt competition. The examinations are conducted in many states to facilitate participation.
"LAKSHYA" a career guidance movement is also conducted to guide the students to select proper educational field as per their aptitude. This is a step towards successful goal achievement
Excellent Academic Environment
- Renowned national academicians on academic advisory boards of the Institutes.
- Dedicated faculties with National & International research and teaching experience
- Academia-Industry interaction to expose students with latest technology
- Laboratories with latest gadgets and equipment for practical and Hands- on-Practice
- All Libraries of the campus interconnected to facilitate borrowing of books
- Expert lecture in advanced technology beyond syllabus.
- Organization of National & International workshops, seminars.
- Regular assessment through tutorials and weekly tests.
- Tutor-guardian interaction and Parents Meet for performance appraisal
- Best technical Camus in Central India
Measures for Skill and Personality Development
- Skill Development and Incubation Center to inculcate entrepreneurship to promote Innovative projects through ‘START-UPs’.
- Tie-ups with renowned institutes for Personality Development, Communication Skills, GD, PI & Technical Training.
- Co-curricular & extracurricular activities for technical & personality development and to recognize inherent talents
- Students’ Cabinet to inculcate Leadership Qualities among students as a measure of personality development.
Excellent Students Amenities
- Separate Hostels for girls & boys with good living and Gym facility
- Indoor & Outdoor sports facilities, NCC/NSS Cell established.
- A large air-conditioned auditorium for seminar, motivation lecture and cultural functions.
- Ragging free campus under CCTV surveillance to provide safety to students.
- Banking and On Line payment facilities
- Hygienic Food Court.
- A fleet of 60 buses in Bhopal & 35 in Indore.
- Interaction with Alumnae’s
Meritorious Students Recognized
- Scholarship worth Rs. 3 crores to Meritorious Students.
- Awards to meritorious students as a motivation to perform better
- 25.Excellent Results, a number of students are Chancellors Merit Scholarship Awardees
Awards and Recognition
In a long span of 15 years PGOI has earned its name and fame not only in the country but also abroad. For academic excellence PGOI has established collaboration with National and International Universities and research organizations. The graduates of the PGOI are today known not only in the country but also abroad who are providing yeoman service wherever they are serving. The students of PGOI have received National level awards for making innovative developments that has received awards and recognition namely e-Car, smart water level measuring device, 3D holograms, smart household light control device, multilevel crossing bridge design, solar car, solar lights etc.
Awards and Recognition
- Best Private education group in Central India by One Planet Research in 2013
- Shiksha Bharti …pl add other awards